3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information Collection from Users
When you engage with the Service (i.e., visit the website, enroll for a free trial or purchase a subscription), we collect information (a) from you and (b) from automated technologies.
Information You Provide: The types of information you may provide, depending on whether you enter into a binding agreement with AlphaMap for access and use of the Service pursuant to a free trial or a full registered account (“AlphaMap User”), may include:
- Personal information, including information necessary to register your account.
- Your name, postal address, phone number, and email address.
- Account credentials, such as username and password.
- Organizational information necessary to register an account, such as company name and job title;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card or other billing information
- Feedback, such as comments, survey response, inquiries, feedback and other information, including questions submitted to our support team.
- Information of third parties, such as information of others you may provide to us, such as the email address of someone you invite to collaborate or a third party referral.
Information Collected from Your Use of the Service: We collect information automatically when you browse the AlphaMap websites or use the Service, including:
- Usage information, including monitoring the activity of the Service and features you use, content you access, and any actions taken in connection with your information and content in the Service.
- Log Information, such as log file information from your computer or mobile device each time you access the Service, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Device Information, such as information about the device (e.g., computer, mobile device, etc.) used to access the Service, your IP address, the time and date, and other statistics.
- Google Account Authentication. Google’s authentication method called OAuth 2.0 is an open standard authorization protocol that allows third parties to obtain your user data without access to your passwords. By enabling OAuth 2.0, you permit third party applications and services, such as Google, to provide your third party account information, such as user ID, name, location, and IP address to AlphaMap, solely for identification purposes during login. If stored, we will store such account information in a database hosted in Amazon Web Services. AlphaMap will not need to know or store your passwords for third party applications and services. OAuth 2.0 allows an AlphaMap User to revoke AlphaMap’s access at any time in Google settings. If an AlphaMap User revokes AlphaMap’s access, our Service does not have access to any of the user data anymore. If OAuth 2.0 is not supported, we will require your account username and password in order to provide the Service.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies: We use certain technologies to automatically collect information about how you interact with the Service, which may include:
- Cookies, provided by AlphaMap and our service providers, are a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters and uniquely identify your device. For more information regarding cookies, see “Cookies and Similar Technologies” in Section 6 below.
- Web beacons, also known as clear gifs, pixels, images and scripts, may be enabled by AlphaMap and our service providers.
B. Information Collection for the AlphaMap Platform
Information from Third Parties: We may obtain certain personal information about you from third parties, which may include information from publicly-available and private data suppliers, from which we procure to validate or supplement our information in order to provide the Service, such as:
- Personal identifiers, including your name, postal address, phone number, and email address;
- Commercial information, including commercial real estate sales, tax and debt information; and
- Professional or employment-related information, including job title and your affiliated organizations.
4. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
AlphaMap uses information collected for the purpose of providing the Service. Depending on your level of interaction with us and the Service, we may use your information to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Service;
- Enable you to access and use the Service, including downloading and collaborating with AlphaMap content;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about AlphaMap and our business partners;
- Process and deliver contest or rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Service and for sales, marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Service, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Service, and provide content and features that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Service;
- Send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about events or activities related to the Service;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Enable you to collaborate on and share content with users you designate; and
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
General Disclosures of Information
We may share your information as described below:
- AlphaMap Affiliates. Other companies owned by or under common ownership as AlphaMap, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns may receive your information.
- Service Providers. We share information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, content or service fulfillment, billing and payments processing, or providing analytics services;
- Business Transfer. We may share your information in the event of a business transfer such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, purchase of another entity’s assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings;
- Organizational Communication. We may share your information with members of your organization such as your employer if you are accessing the Service in your capacity as an employee, independent contractor, or agent of one of our enterprise customers or otherwise using an email address provided by your employer who is one of our enterprise customers; and
- Compliance with Law. We may share your information in order to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena/court order, legal process or other government request, (ii) enforce our Website Terms of Service or other applicable agreement, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of AlphaMap, its users or the public as required or permitted by law and (v) detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data. We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
6. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We send cookies to your computer through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages on our site are visited and by how many people. Most browsers have an option for disabling the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting cookies, as well as (depending on your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of cookies in a variety of ways.
7. HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Security. AlphaMap is committed to securing your personal information. We use commercially reasonable safeguards aimed at preserving the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
9. LOCATION-BASED RIGHTS
Particular rights may be available to you if you reside in certain areas, such as your rights as a California consumer under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You can review your rights in our Location-Based Rights Notice.
10. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Profile Data and Communications Preferences. You may update your account information at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us replying to the email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
- How long we keep your user content. Following termination or deactivation of your user account, AlphaMap may retain your profile information and other personal information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
11. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
AlphaMap does not knowingly collect, solicit or sell any information from anyone under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
13. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Additional terms and conditions may also apply to specific portions, services or features of the Website, and you may be required to enter into additional agreements with us, including a Master Subscription Agreement. All such terms and conditions will be in addition to the terms set forth here, and in the event that any provision of these terms and the additional terms and conditions conflict, the provisions of the additional agreements will control, including for avoidance of doubt, the terms of any Master Subscription Agreement.